The Habit of Honking Horn...!!

After a long tiring day at office, I started off to home…Sweet home. I had to take a diversion from the main road, All of a sudden my focus shifted when I heard a long honk at back of my bike, I moved sideways and gave the way thinking that bike might need it,
I saw the bikewala with goggles, his daughter sitting in front and his wife at back moving parallel to me as the traffic was indefensible to move forward in that narrow road,
He was still honking the horn this time to the car in front of him, after a while he made a way with his irritating horn and moved forward by obstructing the vehicles coming in opposite direction.
From that moment till I parked my bike in front of my home, I was hearing lot of continuous honking, not all the honks were necessary to warn.


I remember well, When I was first learning the vehicles be it a bike or car,
I was being miser in using the honks, My dad used to get frustrated with my alien behavior of not honking, he used to warn me next time you don’t honk horn, you will not be given the vehicle for ride,
So when he sits in my vehicle, I used to make sure that I honk at every bike that is crossing me or in front of me, May be it’s a way of greeting the other person in India,


We have one more good habit of honking near the traffic signals, when there is a red signal at your side, what are we trying to show?
When it turns to green, The honking increases to long and continuous, Boss I am trying to understand don’t you know people in front of you also want to go ahead, they are not going to stay there all the day….


Our bikers are best in the world, they want to be the first in the battle,
When the traffic is struck, they take the charge and go ahead on the road of the opposite direction, causing the free flow of the other side to halt, causing a more bitter traffic jam.
By doing so we are unknowingly causing stress all over including us, Already we have hell lot of problems why do we want to add even more, also it increases the sound pollution leading to some irreversible medical conditions.
If you start late, you will reach late, that’s it, nothing is going to change, don’t risk your life and the other person’s life. There is always a second chance in life…but not a Second LIFE.

A huge traffic jam was witnessed near Karkardi More in the capital as traffic signals were not functioning following a massive power failure at northern grid


Good driving is not about how fast you are driving or how skillfully you are overtaking the vehicles,
It’s all about how peaceful you are when you are driving and making sure that everyone with you are comfortable on your drive.

 

I don’t say PLEASE STOP HONKING,

I say please use caution while honking, May be you are entering into the area where your vision is not helping you us, Yes HONK please!!

Comments

Simbhuverdict said…
Good one...Kutta Bonk ta hein ...Hum sab Honk te hein...
Ashwin Kumar said…
This is how 'we', the daily commuters of this busy city, feel and experience on daily basis. I totally agree with what you said about 'good driving' - it's how peaceful we are while driving. Good read!

Popular posts from this blog

Enthavaraku Endukoraku????

My Musings on Sad reality...